Dates: January 29 - February 7, 2016
Tour Dates: January 29 – February 7, 2016
8 Nights Experiencing the Best of Austria
Baroque Salzburg and the Splendors of Imperial Vienna during the glittering Ball Season!
Custom Tour Designed & Managed by Lisa Ball Travel Design
Tour Itinerary (subject to change based on availabilities)
January 29: Group departs Kansas City to a gateway U.S. city to arrive in Munich, Germany on January 30. A private chartered bus meets everyone at airport
Salzburg: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Hometown!
January 30 – February 1: In Salzburg: Accommodations for three nights is the 5-star Radisson Blu Altstadt Hotel located in Salzburg’s historic city center, close to the quaint Old Town with easy access to shopping on the Getreidegasse, Mozart’s birthplace museum and Mirabell Palace. The hotel’s amenities include a full breakfast buffet each morning, complimentary Wi-Fi and porterage and concierge services
*Welcome to Austria Dinner on the first night at our hotel!
Included activities for everyone in Salzburg:
- Guided Walking Tour of the historic city center with special emphasis on the life of Mozart led by our Tour Manager & Austria Guide.
- 48-hour Salzburg Card for each traveler with access to a number of museums and venues free of charge or with discounted admission
- Mozart Concert Dinner Exclusive – A memorable evening at the St. Peter Stiftskeller dining by candlelight in the Baroque Hall and entertained by the Amadeus Consort Salzburg
Optional Tours/Events offered in Salzburg:
- The Sound of Music Tour by Panorama Tours
- Tickets to other classical music concerts
February 2: On the beautiful drive to Vienna, we will stop and enjoy Lunch in the Wachau Valley followed by a Tour and Wine Tasting at a local winery!
Vienna: In the Imperial City during the Ball Season!
February 2-6: In Vienna: Accommodations for five nights is the notable 5-star InterContinental Wien, located near the Ringstrasse in a fabulous location across from Stadtpark. The InterContinental Wien offers an abundant international breakfast buffet each morning as well as porterage and concierge services
Included activities for everyone while in Vienna:
- Attending the annual Vienna Coffee Owners’ Ball on Friday, February 5 – one of the most dazzling Balls of the season held at the spectacular Hofburg Palace!
- On the day of the Ball, calling on the famed Elmayer Dance Studio for expert advice and to get “in the mood” for waltzing. Early evening: enjoy an elegant Buffet Dinner and Drinks at our hotel before the Ball!
- Dinner together one evening at the original and charming Gasthaus Grünauer Vienna!
- Guided City Tour of the impressive sites along the 150-year old Ringstrasse
- 72-hour Vienna Card for each traveler offering discounted admission to a number of the city’s top museums and attractions
- Farewell Drinks Reception at the InterContinental’s Intermezzo Bar to cap our fantastic tour with a toast! Prost!
Optional Tours/Events offered in Vienna:
- Attending a second Ball on a different evening (based on availability)
- Tickets to the Vienna State Opera or other classical music performances (based on availability)
- Morning visit to the Spanish Riding School to watch the Lipizzaner stallions during practice
- Expert guide at Schönbrunn Palace followed by the delicious Apple Strudel Demonstration
- An evening of Austrian musical entertainment and culinary delights at an atmospheric wine tavern
- Visiting other fine art museums in the company of an expert guide
- An excursion to Austria’s Burgenland province to visit Eisenstadt, where renowned composer Joseph Haydn once lived and also to see the town’s main attraction, the Baroque Schloss Esterházy
February 7: Departure from Vienna Airport; arrival in Kansas City by evening
- Throughout the Tour the full time services of Tour Designer & Director, Lisa Ball
- Round-trip airfare to/from Kansas City: arriving in Munich, Germany and departing from Vienna, Austria. Please note: with advance notice, the tour director can arrange flights from other cities to the U.S. gateway city to Munich (additional fees from the airline might apply)
- Comfortable and reliable ground transportation aboard a private chartered motor-coach (includes airport transfers in Munich and in Vienna)
- Hand-selected 5-star luxury hotels: Radisson Blu Altstadt Hotel in Salzburg (3 nights) and InterContinental Wien in Vienna (5 nights). All selected hotels offer top-notch service, full breakfast buffets, amenities and locations. Porterage included at both hotels
- All Taxes and Gratuities applicable to airfare, hotels, ground transportation and group meals and gratuities included for bus driver and all hired tour guides
- Sight-seeing venues and excursions included in the base tour (based on availability):
In Salzburg: Guided Tour of City Center; one 48-hour Salzburg Card per traveler; Mozart Concert Dinner Exclusive; Visit to Winery with Tour and Tasting in the Wachau Valley; In Vienna: Tickets with Table Reservation at the Coffee Owners’ Ball; Visit to Elmayer Dance Studio; Guided City Tour of sites along the Ringstrasse; and one 72-hour Vienna Card per traveler
- Meals included: Those offered by the airline during flights (3); all Breakfasts at the hotels (8); Welcome Dinner in Salzburg at Hotel; Mozart Concert Dinner Exclusive in Salzburg; Lunch in the Wachau Valley; Buffet Dinner at Vienna Hotel the night of the Coffee Owners’ Ball; Dinner at Gasthaus Grünauer in Vienna; Farewell Drinks Reception at Hotel – total 16 meals
- Optional Tours: Several optional tours will be offered in Salzburg and Vienna to enhance your experience in Austria. Details on these optional tours will be available later in the year
Base Tour Cost: $4,550 per person based on double occupancy; Single Supplement Cost: $600 additional for a total of $5,150. (Land only pricing is also available)
*Lisa Ball Travel Design reserves the right to alter this per person base tour price due to unforeseen costs related to the currency exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro or if additional taxes and/or fuel surcharges or other unexpected costs are imposed without warning by the airline/airports or other vendors involved.
Deposits and Payments: A deposit of $500 per person will secure your place on this tour due immediately at sign-up. A monthly payment plan will be communicated to participating travelers.
Please note: Tour costs do not include travel insurance as this cost is based on the traveler’s age and individual health. If you have a pre-existing health condition and you wish to obtain travel insurance, you must do so within two weeks of paying your deposit to Lisa Ball Travel Design.
Payments may be made via personal check, as well as VISA or MasterCard through PayPal available on the Lisa Ball Travel Design website. Click on the “Pay Now” button at www.LisaBallTravelDesign.com. PayPal does charge a 3% fee and if you choose to pay via this method, please add 3% to your payments. Credit cards are only accepted via PayPal.
Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel your participation with this tour, Lisa Ball Travel Design will strive to reimburse as much of the trip costs you have paid as possible. After the airfare ticketing process (this date will be communicated to travelers), if you cancel your participation in this tour your deposit will be retained and the remaining amount you receive back in reimbursement will be determined based on the timing of your cancellation and what we have outlaid on your behalf. If you have taken out trip cancellation/interruption insurance Lisa Ball Travel Design will work with your insurance company to provide the necessary paperwork so you can receive a reimbursement from the insurance company. Please note: some tour costs affect the cost of others going on the trip and those items cannot be refunded. These items include the ground transportation, hiring of guides, group meals, and sight-seeing venues/events where fixed, timed tickets have been purchased.
Tour Meetings: A program of fun, informative meetings offering history and cultural insights will be available to participating travelers. These meetings are complimentary and optional.