Dates: April 6 - April 8, 2017
Custom designed tour for Powell Gardens Board and Friends!
A visit to Arkansas’ gracious capital city and an exclusive private experience at P. Allen Smith’s lovely Moss Mountain Farm in the splendor of springtime!
- Arrive in Little Rock with two nights at The Capital Hotel, a 5-star property that accentuates Southern hospitality. The Capital is located in Downtown Little Rock, close to a number of art galleries, shops and within access to the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum and the Heifer International headquarters.
- The well-appointed accommodations at The Capital Hotel are an exceptional value. Entirely rebuilt in a recent restoration, all rooms include fresh flowers and creative turn-down amenities to add a residential feel. Interior decoration described as ‘worldly and refined’ was under the direction of David Kleinberg Design Associates.
- A generous Breakfast Buffet will be served each morning in a private space for our group. The hotel also boasts a Michelin-starred chef leading their fine dining restaurant, One Eleven.
- Thursday, April 6: At approximately 1:00 PM, a local, privately-charted bus and tour director, Lisa Ball will escort everyone to the Garvan Woodland Gardens, the botanical garden of the University of Arkansas. Located near Hot Springs and about an hour outside of Little Rock, Garvan Woodland Gardens offers a canopy of pines surrounded by flora and fauna and nestled in the Ouachita Mountains.
- Following this visit, everyone returns to Little Rock for Dinner and free time.
- Friday, April 7: After the included Breakfast, everyone has time on their own to visit a museum or to shop in Downtown Little Rock,
- At approximately 2:30 PM, everyone gathers at the hotel to board a privately-charted bus to first briefly see the Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site. Then we journey outside of Little Rock for our exclusive visit to Moss Mountain Farm.
- We will be greeted at P. Allen Smith’s Moss Mountain Farm with a welcome drink and hors d’oeuvres followed by a guided tour of Allen’s exquisite terraced gardens filled with masses of spring daffodils and tulips. His farm also includes Allen’s collection of animals like Moose the donkey and Poultryville, where his heirloom chicken breeds reside!
- Our experience at Moss Mountain Farm includes a lovely Dinner of seasonal Southern specialties. If Allen is in residence, he will certainly be available to speak to our group and perhaps even join us for the meal!
- Saturday, April 8: Following the included Breakfast at The Capital Hotel, we will depart for the return to Kansas City
Little Rock Tour Includes:
- Round-trip airfare* (*Airfare can be deleted off the total cost if travelers wish to drive in Little Rock on their own. Also note, if an airline carrier such as Delta is used the cost does not include checked luggage fees)
- Escorted by tour director Lisa Ball including detailed daily itinerary and local restaurant list
- Two nights at 5-star Capital Hotel with Private Breakfast Buffet each morning as well as Porterage on arrival and departure
- Visit to the Garvan Woodland Gardens with a meal included (depending on arrival time this meal could be lunch or afternoon tea/coffee with cakes)
- Exclusive Private Tour and Visit to P. Allen Smith’s Moss Mountain Farm and lovely Dinner with wine
- Services of a privately-charted bus to take group to the venues
- Gratuities for bus drivers and all applicable taxes for the hotel, airfare and included activities
Tour Total Cost: $1,080 per person based on double occupancy
Single Supplement Total Cost: $1,300 per person
Cost without airfare included: $750 per person based on double occupancy
Deposit: $500 per person due upon sign up to secure your spot on this fantastic tour; deposit applies to total tour cost. A second payment for the remaining amount is due March 1, 2017.
Cancellation policy will be communicated to participating travelers at an upcoming date.
If interested in the Springtime in Little Rock Tour, please contact Lisa Ball Travel Design at: