Dates: October 9 - October 22, 2017
Autumn in Andalucía, Spain and Portugal
Optional Extension Tour to Morocco
Cultural tastes of Portugal and sun-drenched Spain’s Andalucía on a custom Village Church & Friends Tour designed by Lisa Ball Travel Design – Traveling with Rev. Jay McKell & Elizabeth McKell
12 Nights: October 9 – 22, 2017
Optional Extension to Morocco: October 22 – 26
Monday, October 9:
Travel day from the U.S. to Lisbon, Portugal.
Tuesday, October 10 – Thursday, October 12: Lisbon, Portugal – 3 nights
Cosmopolitan city where old meets new; the embarkation point of great seafaring explorers such as da Gama and Magellan; explore Lisbon’s charming harbor area; visit Castle of São Jorge* – the highest point in the city; wander in Lisbon’s charming neighborhoods such as the Bario Alto for tapas and Portuguese wines; experience the national music of Fado at a candlelight night club*; take a historic tram ride through the Alfama neighborhood; tour the National Tile Museum*; boat excursion along the coast to see the Torre de Belém and the Pena National Palace at Sintra*.
- Included for everyone: Historic Tour of Lisbon’s harbor and its central square with an overview of the city’s seafaring tradition
- Accommodations: 3 nights at the Tivoli Avenida Liberdale
- Grand landmark hotel on the Avenida Liberdale offering top-notch hospitality since 1933. The Tivoli is located on lovely tree-lined boulevard, built in the 19th century in the style of the Champs-Elysees in Paris and the main avenue of the city. Well appointed rooms; gracious lobby space; and excellent staff will make the time in Lisbon a memorable experience. Welcome Dinner at the Tivoli on October 11.
Friday, October 13: Connect to Spain with a flight from Lisbon to Seville; private bus travel to:
Friday, October 13 & Saturday, October 14: Córdoba – 2 nights
Medieval city once the Roman and Moorish capital of Spain; in-depth tour of the Cordoba’s old quarter and its magnificent Mezquita; while in the city take in an Andalusian Equestrian Show*; discover the charming Jewish Quarter with its flower-filled patios; experience fun tapas and great dining in the old quarter; stroll across the ancient Roman bridge for spectacular views of the city
- Included for everyone: Comprehensive tour of the Mezquita and Jewish Quarter
- Accommodations: 2 nights at the NH Collection Amistad Córdoba
- Surrounded by history, the NH Collection Amistad Córdoba hotel is made up of two Moorish mansions, and its traditional courtyards, archways and woodwork have been restored to their 18th-century glory, with a few carefully-chosen modern touches. Plus it’s right in the historic heart of Córdoba, a 5 minutes’ walk from the city’s shops and main sites.
Sunday, October 15 & Monday, October 16: Granada – 2 nights
Historic city famed for the spectacular Alhambra set against the backdrop of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. In-depth tour of the former fortress turned palace with a carefully selected hotel near the architectural wonder; explore the Old Silk Market and find tapas in the historic city center; tour of the Royal Chapel, housing tombs of the great kings and queens of Spain
- Included for everyone: Comprehensive tour of the Alhambra (possible nighttime visit to portions of the palace; rest of palace and gardens in the daytime); tour of the Royal Chapel and sights in the city center
- Accommodations: 2 nights at the Alhambra Palace Hotel
- Since 1910, this luxury palace hotel is inspired by the Alhambra offering magnificent views of the romantic city and mountain vistas.
Tuesday, October 17 & Wednesday, October 18: White Hill Towns
– 2 nights in or near Ronda
A ring of five charming, characteristic towns in spectacular locations; once were hill forts now steeped in authentic Spanish atmosphere; tour the oldest bull ring in Spain*; walk in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway.
- Accommodations: 2 nights in or near Ronda
Thursday, October 19 – Saturday, October 21: Seville – Twin City of Kansas City – 3 nights
Spicy Seville and its lovely old quarter; Visit the Alcázar, the official residence of the king and queen when they are in town*; tour Seville’s grand cathedral; climb the real and original La Giralda Tower; explore the Plaza de España; modern blends in with the old with the Metropol Parasol; have an exciting night at a Flamenco club*
- Included for everyone: Visits of Seville’s magnificent cathedral and Plaza de España with emphasis on the city’s ties to Kansas City; Celebration Dinner at hotel on final night
- Accommodations: 3 nights at Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Commissioned by the King of Spain to play host to international dignitaries during the 1929 Exhibition, this hotel continues to this day as an iconic cultural landmark. With its central location in the historic Santa Cruz quarter, the hotel is next to the Reales Alcázares and the Seville Cathedral.
Sunday, October 22: Travel back to the United States departing from Seville or:
Sunday, October 22 – Wednesday, October 25: Optional Extension to Morocco – 4 nights in mesmerizing Morocco with visits to Tangier, Fès, Rabat and Casablanca
Exciting tour in the company of reputable guides to see the colorful highlights of Morocco. Hotel stays in Fes and Casablanca. Tour will include transportation from Seville to Tarifa, Spain; ferry crossing to Tangier. Following arrival in Morocco, a look at Tangier’s famous market and lunch; then on to the interior of Morocco with 2 nights in Fès. A visit to the capital, Rabat then to Casablanca for 2 nights. Departure flight out of Casablanca. Full details and pricing available upon finding out number of possible participants.
Note: Venues marked with (*) may be offered as optional tours; all mentioned venues are subject to availability
Base Tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Kansas City (or your home airport*) to Lisbon, Portugal then from Seville, Spain to Kansas City or from Casablanca, Morocco to Kansas City;
- One-way flight from Lisbon to Seville;
- Ground transportation aboard a comfortable motorcoaches;
- Hotels selected for uniqueness, location, ambiance, amenities and service: 5-star Tivoli in Lisbon (3 nights); 4-star NH Amistad Cordoba in Cordoba (2 nights); 4 star Alhambra Palace Hotel in Granada (2 nights); Hotel in Ronda (2 nights); and 5-star Alfonso XIII Hotel in Seville (3 nights);
- Porterage when available at the hotels;
- Meals: all breakfasts at the hotels; Welcome and Last Night Dinners; Lunch in Malaga;
- Sight-seeing activities for everyone: Guided tours in Lisbon, Cordoba, Granada and in Seville (including admission to venues during tours)
- Gratuities and taxes that apply to local guides, drivers, airfare, hotels and meals; and a carefully designed itinerary visiting sites of interest, scenic beauty and history.
- Other optional tours will be offered to enhance your experience in Portugal and Spain during the 12-night base tour
- 4-night Optional extension also offered to see Morocco based in Tangier (includes transportation to Tarifa, Spain and aboard the ferry crossing the Strait of Gibraltar; 4 nights in Morocco with visits to Tangier, Rabat, Fès and Casablanca; Meals will be outlined soon)
Projected Base Tour Cost: $4,700 – $5,300 per person based on double occupancy. Single supplement and land only costs will be communicated to those interested
Morocco Extension Projected Cost: Prices will be available soon; price depends upon number of participants
Deposit & Payments and Travel Insurance: $500 per person to secure your spot on this fantastic tour; deposit applies to your base tour costs; (Note: this tour does not include travel insurance; buying travel insurance is an option and a personal decision; if you wish to purchase travel insurance and you have a pre-existing medical condition, you must purchase travel insurance within 2 weeks of paying a deposit to Lisa Ball Travel Design)
- Final payment due July 1, 2017: Total of base tour cost plus any optional tours the Morocco extension or other travel expenses LBTD has arranged for you
*Lisa Ball Travel Design can arrange airfare from other U.S. airports or provide help with other travel extensions to this tour before or after the tour dates; an extra fee of $50 per person will apply to make these arrangements and also any additional costs charged by the airline if another arrival or departure destination is selected by the traveler.
Payment Options: Lisa Ball Travel Design takes personal checks made out to Lisa Ball Travel Design and mailed to:
5400 Johnson Drive, Suite 246, Mission, KS 66205
Credit Card Payments: Or, you can make payments using VISA, MasterCard or American Express via PayPal through the Lisa Ball Travel Design website: www.LisaBallTravelDesign.com and click on the Pay Now button. Please note: PayPal charges a 3% transaction fee so you must increase your payment amount by 3% to cover this fee.
Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel your participation with this tour please note July 1, 2017 is the tour cut-off date. Canceling before July 1, 2017, LBTD will cheerfully refund your deposit and any monies you have paid prior to this date. Canceling on July 1, 2017 or after, the costs of the tour and deposit are non-refundable. Please note: Due to their specialty nature, there can be no refunds on Optional Tours
Tour Meetings & Movie Nights: A fun program of tour meetings and films/travel videos showing the places we will visit will help prepare you for this adventure!
If interested in the Autumn in Andalucía, Spain and Portugal tour, please contact Lisa Ball. Be sure and mention if you wish to add the extension to Morocco:
Lisa@LisaBallTravelDesign.com / Tel & Text: 816-820-4351
5400 Johnson Drive, Suite 246
Mission, KS 66205